Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Midweek over crowd

Just got back into work from an early morning surf yewww!!!
Nothing feels more refreshing!
Anyway back to todays tales, woke up around 6am. Jumped in the car and straight to the local for what i was hoping would be a nice relaxing session. Unfortunately to my surprise so did about another 30 or so people all out the point, not including the crowds down the sand banks on the open beach!
So back to the surf, it was forecast to be around the 3-4ft mark with the odd bigger one in the mix. However, it was more like 2-3ft so i suppose the surf is yet to arrive?! Anyhow it was high tide around 4am and the low was to be in the vincinity of half past 10!
So being that i was out from 6-8 it was rather a shame that there was just too much water ontop of the reef and it was struggling to work.
After about an hour and the single worst wave of the week, i chose to go in and catch some beachies.
To my amazement it was actually quite fun i got a few nice hollow ones and a close out or two. Never the less i was still very pleased! As i figured my time was running out i started to get myself onto my board more and arch my back trying to get as much speed as possible.
I nearly got a few perfect lips to hit, but either chickened out or it went too steep haha.
All in all a fun session!!
Would have come up a treat in pictures, but my new cameras just haven't arrived yet and i'm waiting on the call to go and pick them up!

No comments:

Post a Comment